The latest version is Idris 2 0.5.1. You can find the latest release at:
This includes Scheme source as generated by Idris, so you don't need an existing Idris 2 system to build. You need:
- Either Chez Scheme or Racket to build the generated Scheme source
- bash, with realpath. On Linux, you probably already have this. On a Mac, you can install this with brew install coreutils.
- A C compiler, to build the library support code.
You can always find the latest development version on github:
- git clone https://github.com/idris-lang/Idris2.git
If you want to install it the "hard way", you can use a bootstrapping version of Idris 2, which is implemented in Idris 1:
You can find the source from the following places:
- Hackage has the most recently
released version. Assuming you have an up to date Haskell distribution,
at the shell prompt, type
- cabal update
- cabal install idris
- The latest development version is available from github:
More detailed installation instructions that are maintained by the Idris community are available on the wiki for the following platforms:
There are binary packages available for various platforms:
If you require any optional features (e.g. GMP or compile time FFI support), you will need to build from source.